An unexpected error occurred while updating required files sc2
(Text is still using whatever you relocalize to, just like R1CH's program)3.The program backs up the files it changed, up to 5 versions. As far as I concern, R1CH's program does not offer back ups.4.Please try again." error message in the SC2 launcher: I had the same error, but somehow I got it to work using the following steps: From AM - English, I relocale to zh TW, with asset also to zh TWThen From zh TW, I relocale to EU - English (en GB), with asset to en GB as well. It does not have a graphical interface, because I am still struggling to find a solution to make a cross-platform compatible version instead of separately maintaining the code base for different platforms. Link: https://github.com/downloads/lhr0909/SC2Patch150Relocalizer/Simons Relocalizer Mac.v0.0.1It will first ask to download the core files (9KB), and put them in the home folder.Then you will have to re-run the relocalizer file again and proceed the relocalization.Here is a screenshot of the relocalizer successfully switched my NA client to EU and downloading the assets.
Now Patch 1.5.0 hits, and I cannot use the old relocalizer anymore. And after hours of effort racing with R1CH and couple of others, I present you: Simon's SC2 Relocalizer! It has all the locale files needed in the package, no need to download (SC2 still requires downloading the language packs for the first run)2. You can see the project, double check what is being processed, and help this program grow by adding your own thought/making it better!It offers an option to use a different voice asset than the display language.For example, you can play on KR/TW with the English voice so you don't get nuked if you don't know Korean/Chinese!I figured out how Tazerenix made his files to work. SC2Archive is a MPQ file, it is essentially Blizzards' zip file, and this file is zipped with a text file with the locale written on it. Here is the difference between an unaltered version and altered version from Tazerenix's files (he made copies off of a native TW client): Essentially R1CH's, ra Vensc2's and my relocalizers have a potential of violating Terms of Service by Blizzard.
For now it seems like it works fine, and Blizzard does not check against that (because those useless bytes does not matter to Blizzard's MPQ unpacker, until they start checking MD5's of those files), so we shall see. SC2Archive files so we can put them into our programs! ) As soon as I get those native files I will start putting them into my program so we will have a smaller chance of getting caught.Windows side will be slowed down a bit, but hopefully not by much. Fixed a bug where if there is no ping returned, the program will crash (thanks existor and his friend for sharing the information)v0.3.0 is up! Essentially it is pinging to the logon servers (for example, KR -I started to add unit tests to my program so that I can verify everything is working properly as I add in new stuff. Earlier I did not have any tests on my program and it had some small issues here and there, now with test cases covered, we should see fewer and fewer bugs soon! Fixed an issue where .and are not updated properly sometimes. So right now it takes slightly longer to fire up the relocalizer, but trust me, it is worth it.3.